New & Replacement Windows
Windows are a staple of the beauty and openness of your home. Replacement windows not only elegantly update the look and feel of your home, but they can also offer many additional benefits as well.Reduce Unwanted Noise
Our high quality double and triple-pane insulated windows can block out much of the undesired noise coming from outside your home.Unsurpassed Durability
Impact resistant windows are windows designed to stand up to hurricanes and powerful coastal storms. They not only reduce your home owners insurance premiums but are also required in some areas due to the risk factor not having them presents.Lower Maintenance
Vinyl windows are equal or superior to traditional wood framed windows in many ways including level of insulation, durability, elemental resistance, and ability to clean and maintain.Save Money & Energy
We proudly carry ENERGY STAR rated energy efficient windows. These windows can nearly or completely pay for themselves over time on your energy bill savings by lowering the workload on your Air Conditioning unit.
Karoly specializes in new and replacement windows and installation. With many years of experience in the industry, our knowledge of the many types and styles of windows is extensive. We will happily provide a free design consultation and help you choose the perfect windows for your home. Whether you prefer vinyl, aluminum, impact resistant, or energy efficient windows, we can assist you. We carry the top brands of windows including Simonton, PGT, WinDoor, and Custom Window Systems. Once you've decided on the right style and type of windows, we will install them for you. We will also happily beat any written quote from our competitors so you know you are truly getting the best deal possible. You can rest easy knowing that all of our products and services are 100% satisfaction guaranteed by Karoly himself. We service all of Florida, including Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Bradenton, Sarasota, Orlando, Lakeland, and more. Call Karoly Windows & Doors today at (813) 766-4414 to get started!
Window Styles & Shapes
Both sash on Double Hung windows open fully.
One sash opens and closes by gliding from side to side, while the other remains fixed.
Picture windows are fixed and do not open or close.
Geometrics are fixed windows available in stylish shapes.
Sash are hinged on the side and crank open a full 90 degrees for maximum ventilation.
Sash are hinged on top and crank out and upward.
Top sash remains fixed, while bottom sash opens.
Created by mulling three windows at either 30 or 45 degree angles.
Semicircular, inward-opening windows with a bottom-hinged sash.
Eyebrow w/ Legs
An eyebrow window with additional height added.
Double Hung - Picture - Double Hung
Two double hung windows on opposites sides of a picture window.
Both side sashes slide horizontally past the center fixed sash.
A circular fixed sash window.
An octagon fixed sash window.
A trapezoid fixed sash window.
Vinyl vs. Aluminum Window Frames
Replacing your old, weathered windows can give your home an instant makeover. However, replacing the old windows with new ones may not be easy on the pocket. Hence, this decision should be taken after enough research and deliberation. Over the years, homeowners have started preferring vinyl windows over any other type of windows. But are they really better than aluminum windows? Compare for youself:Vinyl window pro's and con's:
- Vinyl is durable, as well as strong. It does not crack, split, peel or rot. However, it is less durable than aluminum.
- It is almost entirely scratch-free. It is not easily malleable and hence, safe.
- It comes in a wide array of colors. You can even find some that resemble real wood. Since the color is part of the material, it is scratch-proof, which gives it an aesthetic look.
- It is typically the least expensive of the window types available in the market today. If you want a good quality product but are on a tight budget, then vinyl is the one to go for.
- It is very low on maintenance. Vinyl frames never need to be painted or refinished, and they only need occasional cleaning. If you plan to install such windows, then you can definitely put away your painting brushes.
- It is more energy-efficient than aluminum. Because of good insulating properties, it shows resistance to heat during summer, and seals in the heat in the winter. This helps in cutting costs while cooling and heating the house.
- It is the most common and popular type of window, and therefore widely available.
- Vinyl is plastic and therefore contains polyvinyl chloride (PVC), making it not biodegradable. Burning it would emit dioxins which are hazardous to the environment.
- It is overall a long-lasting material. In fact, many of the old buildings that were built in the 50's and 60's still have aluminum windows. Also, these types of windows are very weather-resistant.
- It is prone to dents and scratches. However, as it is very lightweight, it makes a great choice for high-rise commercial buildings.
- It comes in different colors. It may, however, require regular touch-ups to maintain the shine of its painted exterior.
- It is less expensive than other options upfront, but long-term costs will be higher compared to vinyl.
- Windows made of aluminum are free of rust, but with time will start to oxidize and look dull.
- It is the least energy-efficient window meterial as it tends to hold on to the heat or cold. Because of its poor thermal resistance, heating or cooling the house can prove to be more expensive.
- It is not as easily available as vinyl due to fewer commercial suppliers who can provide this material for windows.
- Aluminum can be recycled and is much more environmently friendly than vinyl.
If you still cannot decide which window material is right for you after reading the above information, please give (813) 767-8147 a call for a free, professional opinion.